Leading Location Criteria
Sites, where Automatic Traffic Enforcement (ATE) is used, shall be approved by the police service of the jurisdiction and shall meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Areas or intersections where conventional enforcement is unsafe or ineffective;
- Areas or intersections with an identifiable, documented history of collisions;
- Areas or intersections with an identifiable, documented history of speeding problems;
- Intersections with an identifiable, documented history of offences;
- Intersections near schools, post-secondary institutions, or other areas with high pedestrian volumes;
- School and playground zones or areas;
- Construction zones; or
- Areas where the public or a community has expressed concerns related to speeding.
School and Playground Zones
The speed limit in playground zones is 30 km/h between 8:30 am to one hour after sunset every day.
There are 16 school and playground zones in Wainwright.
The speed limit in school zones is 30 km/h from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on school days.